Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- one pound pigeon Peas cleaned, soaked, and rinsed
- one or two cups each of "thick" and "thin" coconut milk
- one or two onions, chopped
- one hot green chile pepper, cleaned and chopped
- one teaspoon curry powder—or turmeric
- salt, to taste
- In a large pot, combine pigeon Peas and just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until the Peas begin to become tender and most of the water is absorbed.
- Stir in the thin coconut milk, Continue to simmer over low heat. Add more water as necessary to prevent the Peas from becoming dry. While Peas are simmering: Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a skillet. Add the curry powder to the oil and stir for a minute. Fry the Onion and chile pepper until they are tender.
- Combine the Peas and onion-chile mixture (add either one to the other). Continue to simmer until Peas are tender enough to eat. Add the thick coconut milk and simmer on the lowest possible heat for five to ten minutes, stirring occasionally.