Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Costa Rican old fashioned corn custard
- 8 lbs of fresh sweet green corn - husked, shucked and ground
- 3 cups of brown sugar diluted in 2 cups of water or 2 cups of coarse white cane sugar, diluted sparsely
- 1 teaspoon of fresh cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of fresh cloves
- 1 medium thick cheese cloth
- Preparation After the corn has been separated, wash thoroughly.
- Then in an electric food processor, use the shredding blade / grounding blade preferable.
- Once you finish grinding, place contents into a large colander draped with the cheesecloth.
- Let stand over a large container to catch the drippings for a full 24 hours.
- The clear liquid is removed and reserved for a bit later.
- Let the remaining liquid settle then cook with the cinnamon, white sugar and cloves.
- As you stir this mixture to a simmer begin to slowly add the remaining clear liquid.
- Continue to stir over medium heat, stirring constantly until desired thickness is achieved.
- Once it has reached a gelatin thickness. Let cool on cooling rack.
- Serve at room temperature or cold. Add anisette sponge cookies to each serving.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.