Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bukhoro pilaf with raisins
- 1 kg (2¼ lb) rice
- 150 g (5-6 oz) raisins
- 800 g (28 oz) carrots
- 3 – 4 onions
- 350 g vegetable oil
- salt and spices to taste.
- In a cauldron, sear sliced onions in very hot oil until reddish-brown.
- Then add carrot strips and cook until golden.
- Stir in water, salt and water, then add to cauldron.
- Add rice and more water, just 1:1.
- 5 cm above the surface of rice.
- Cook uncovered until water evaporates.
- Cover and cook on low heat 20 – 25 minutes or until done.