Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
An island flavored side dish! It can be prepared in advance - cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days or wrap in foil and freeze for up to a month. Defrost overnight in fridge, bring to room temperature (2 hours) then bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- 4 lbs cooked sweet potatoes, about 5 large ones, skinned
- 1 (14 ounces) can coconut milk (regular or light)
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons white pepper
- ½ cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander or parsley
- 1 lime, peel of finely grated
- 1 dash hot sauce
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- Mash potatoes in a large bowl until almost smooth.
- Stir in coconut milk and seasonings and mash until smooth.
- Stir in next 4 ingredients, test for seasoning, turn into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dishand spread evenly.
- Sprinkle coconut over the top.
- Bake in the center of a preheated 350 °F oven for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Broil until the top is golden, about 3 or 4 minutes.