Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean Beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 20-ounce can pineapple chunks, cut in half (drain; reserve juice)
- 18 pitted dried prunes
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 to 2 green peppers, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Brown meat in oil on all sides. Add Onion, salt, mustard, ginger, wine, broth and pineapple juice. Cover and simmer about 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Add pineapple and prunes. Cook 10 minutes longer. Stir in celery, green peppers, soy sauce and cornstarch dissolved in water. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Serve over beds of fluffy rice.