Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Ethnicity - Marathi, West Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 2 cups green grams
- 2 chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp "Goda" masala
- 2 tsp grated coconut
- 1 tsp jaggery
- 1 tsp peanut powder
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups water
- Soak green grams overnight.
- Boil for five minutes with ½ tsp turmeric powder and ½ tsp salt. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Add mustard seeds, asafoetida and onions.Wait till onions turn translucent.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Stir for ½ a minute.
- Add the par boiled green grams.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add ½ tsp goda masala or garam masala.
- Add grated coconut.
- Add jaggery and peanut powder.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and desiccated coconut.
- Serve with jawaar roti or bread.