- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 cups water
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 5 – 6 cloves
- 5 – 6 black peppercorns
- 1 – 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- salt, to taste
- a pinch of saffron, mixed in 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and saute cumin seeds and sliced onions, till tender and slightly browned.
- Add rice, water, salt, peppercorns, cloves, and bay leaves, and cover cook on medium-low heat till rice is tender.
- Add in peas and saffron water and cover cook for another 5 – 6 minutes till peas heat through.
- Best eaten warm with any curry or on its own!
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food.
Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com