Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- These are curried green peas (also known as mutter) and cubes of paneer curd Cheese in a medium-hot sauce. Serve with Chapatis
- 8 oz. Paneer or extra firm tofu
- 12 oz (1½ cup) green peas or Matar (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup yogurt (beaten)
- ½ cup tomatoes (chopped)
- ½ cup onions
- 2 – 3 green chilis (finely chopped, adjust quantity according to preference)
- 2 teaspoons cilantro or coriander (chopped)
- 2 – 3 tablespoon ghee or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 pinch of asafoetida (optional)
- salt to taste
- 3 teaspoons cilantro or coriander leaves (chopped)
- Take the paneer cube and slice it into 1 inch cubes.
- Heat ghee. Fry Paneer or tofu in ghee until golden light color.
- In separate Pan, heat ghee again
- Add the onions and fry till light golden brown.
- Add all spices and salt. Stir few seconds.
- Add tomatoes. Stir again for few minutes.
- Add yogurt. Simmer 8–10 minutes
- Add the Peas.
- Few minutes before serving add the fried paneer or tofu. Stir gently.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Nan or Tandoori Roti.