Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Meat soup with rice
- 500 g mutton or beef
- 100 g or 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 – 2 tomatoes
- 2 – 3 potatoes
- 250 – 300 g (11 oz) or cup rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut meat in small pieces.
- In a large skillet, sear in vegetable oil until reddish-brown crust appears.
- Add sliced onions diced carrots, and potatoes.
- Saute until vegetables are tender, then add quartered tomatoes.
- Transfer meat and vegetables to soup kettle with water, bring to a boil.
- Add rice, diced potatoes, and cook about 20 minutes.
- In the final 5 – 10 minutes add salt and spices.
- To serve, top with yogurt or sour cream, garnish with chopped greens.