Meat soup with rice
- 500 g mutton or beef
- 100 g or 7 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1 – 2 tomatoes
- 2 – 3 potatoes
- 250 – 300 g (11 oz) or cup rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut meat in small pieces.
- In a large skillet, sear in vegetable oil until reddish-brown crust appears.
- Add sliced onions diced carrots, and potatoes.
- Saute until vegetables are tender, then add quartered tomatoes.
- Transfer meat and vegetables to soup kettle with water, bring to a boil.
- Add rice, diced potatoes, and cook about 20 minutes.
- In the final 5 – 10 minutes add salt and spices.
- To serve, top with yogurt or sour cream, garnish with chopped greens.