Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
New Orleans corn and red pepper sauté.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: With Love from Darling's Kitchen
- Serves 8
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ¾ cup chopped green onions
- 2 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 pkg. froze corn (10 oz each)
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup half and half
- ¼ tsp each, sweet basil and thyme flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- In an uncovered pan, saute together first 3 ingredients until pepper is softened.
- Add the next 3 ingredients and simmer mixture until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer mixture for another 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Corn, combined with red pepper, green onions and tomatoes is one of the most beautiful dishes to serve.
- The colors excite the palate.
- It promises and delivers good taste and enjoyment.