Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Rating difficulty: easy with an electric mixer.
- Time: 15 minutes preparation, 30 minutes baking.
- Precision: approximate measurement ok.
- 2¼ lbs sweet potatoes (canned or precooked)
- 2 cup milk
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- ½ tbsp salt
- dash pepper
- dash cinnamon
- ¼ cup raisins
- Mash sweet potatoes by putting through a sieve or beating in an electric beater or using a potato masher or food mill.
- Add milk gradually (if you add it too fast it splashes and is hard to mix in).
- Mix in remaining ingredients.
- Put in buttered casserole.
- Heat through (bake in slow oven (250°F) for 20–30 minutes, or in microwave).
- Cover top with marshmallows.
- Return to oven until marshmallows are slightly melted and a bit brown (if the oven is too hot, the marshmallows will disappear!) this step can- not be done in the microwave.