This recipe comes from Montréal, Québec
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 8 – 12 Servings.
- 5 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine (cut in small pieces)
- ¾ cup apple cider or juice
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Gruyère cheese
- Garnish: chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Bake potatoes in a jelly-roll pan 1 to 1¼ hours until soft when pierced.
- When cool enough to handle, remove skin.
- With either a potato masher, electric mixer or large whisk, mash or beat potatoes, butter, cider, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Spoon into a shallow 2- to 2½ qt baking dish; sprinkle with cheese
- Bake 30 minutes or until hot and cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Planning tip Edit
Can be prepared through step 5 up to 1 month ahead and frozen or up to 4 days ahead and refrigerated. Thaw if frozen, spoon into baking dish, sprinkle with cheese and bake in a 350°F oven 40 minutes or until hot.