Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe comes from Montréal, Québec
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 8 – 12 Servings.
- 5 pounds sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoon butter or margarine (cut in small pieces)
- ¾ cup apple cider or juice
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim Gruyère cheese
- Garnish: chopped parsley
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Bake potatoes in a jelly-roll pan 1 to 1¼ hours until soft when pierced.
- When cool enough to handle, remove skin.
- With either a potato masher, electric mixer or large whisk, mash or beat potatoes, butter, cider, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Spoon into a shallow 2- to 2½ qt baking dish; sprinkle with cheese
- Bake 30 minutes or until hot and cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Planning tip Edit
Can be prepared through step 5 up to 1 month ahead and frozen or up to 4 days ahead and refrigerated. Thaw if frozen, spoon into baking dish, sprinkle with cheese and bake in a 350°F oven 40 minutes or until hot.