A sweet alternative to the mashed potatoes, this pumpkin is enriched with herbs to get the good consistency.
- Clean the pumpkin well, being careful to remove manure or dirt. Chop off the stem.
- Cook the cleaned pumpkin in a 375° F oven for approx 45 minutes per 250g. A small pumpkin of less than 500g works best.
- Remove pumpkin and allow to rest for 5–10 minutes.
- During this time, take out sea salt, butter, and your pepper mill.
- Chop pumpkin in half with cleaver, butcher knife, or kitchen hatchet.
- Remove seeds and guts; roast seeds and discard the rest.
- Separate the skin from the flesh.
- Place hot pumpkin flesh in a food processor, along with salt, pepper, and butter to taste. Serve plain or with other vegetables.
Cook Time: 20 minutes preparation, approximately 90 minutes for baking
Mashed Pumpkin from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License