This recipe comes from Montréal, Québec
- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- 2 pounds Washington russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 whole medium head garlic
- Bake garlic at 375°F for 45 minutes.
- Cut top ½ inch off head, squeeze to remove pulp and mash.
- Boil potatoes about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine hot potatoes, milk, mayonnaise, butter, salt and pepper.
- Whip at low speed only until smooth.
- Add garlic and mix well.