Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 1/2 hour
Cook time: 20 minutes
Mashed potatoes in a healthy combination with root and winter vegetables. An easy one-pot meal
- 1 large onion, diced
- 600 g / 20 oz potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400 g / 10 oz carrots, peeled and cut into medium size chunks
- 1 large parsnip, peeled and cut into medium size chunks
- 500 g / 16 oz kale, washed, stemmed and cut into 1 inch strips
- salt and pepper
- 1 – 2 lb smoked sausage
- 2 – 4 tbsp butter
- In a large pot saute onion until golden.
- Add root vegetables and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ½ inch of water to pot, salt and pepper, place sausage on top and add kale last.
- Don't mix!.
- Cover pot with lid and cook until potatoes are soft.
- Check to make sure water has not totally evaporated.
- Take out sausage and put aside.
- Add butter to pot and mash vegetables to desired consistency.
- Serve immediately along with sausage.