Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 pounds thin-skinned boiling potatoes
- 1 pound (about 1 medium) rutabaga
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ to 1 cup hot milk or light cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup fine dry bread crumbs
- Put the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with water.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt for each quart of water.
- Heat to boiling and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain, mash, and add the cooked rutabaga* to the potatoes.
- Beat with and electric mixer until the potatoes and rutabagas are smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in the flour, eggs, salt, and milk (or cream).
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- butter a 3-quart shallow baking dish.
- Turn the mixture into the dish.
- Using a spoon, spread out the mixture, making indentations in the top of the casserole.
- Dot with the butter and sprinkle with the bread crumbs.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour, or until lightly browned.