This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Henson Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 white onion coarsely chopped
- 6 medium carrots peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup butter at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons butter melted
- parsley for garnish
- Cook and mash potatoes.
- Cook onion and carrot until soft then purée carrots and onion in food processor.
- Combine potatoes, carrot mixture, butter, salt, pepper, parsley, half and half and egg and pour into baking dish.
- Drizzle with melted butter and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.