- Clean and scale whole fish and remove insides.
- Cut 3 large deep diagonal gashes on each side.
- Combine 1 tbsp coarse salt, ¼ tsp garlic powder, ¼ tsp coarse red pepper, ground, for each fish.
- Rub salt mixture well into gashes on both sides.
- Fry in 1 cup hot oil until light brown.
- Reduce heat and continue frying slowly until fish is quite brown but not burned.
- Lift fish from fat.
- Wrap in brown paper while still hot, cool, and refrigerate.
- The fish will stay fresh for two weeks or longer if refrigerated.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.