Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1/2 medium head Cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 to 2 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- 2 fresh mild chile peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tsp. garam masala or good-quality curry powder, or to taste
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 15-oz. can lite coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 tsp. chopped cilantro
1. In large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring often, until onions are golden. Add potatoes, carrots and 2 cups water and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer gently until potatoes are about halfway tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Add Cauliflower, green beans, ginger, chiles, garam masala, coriander and turmeric. Continue to simmer gently, covered, until vegetables are tender, 20 minutes.
2. Mash some potatoes against side of pot with wooden spoon (this helps to thicken stew). Stir in coconut milk and season to taste with salt. If time allows, let stew stand an hour or so before serving.