Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 cut up chicken
- 1 cup shortening
- 1¾ cups flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup water
- Dip chicken in flour, then into beaten egg and milk mixture.
- Then dip into flour-cornmeal mixture.
- Brown chicken in shortening (approximately 12 minutes at 360°F in electric skillet).
- Then sprinkle with mixture of salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.
- Add water and onions, cover, open vent.
- Reduce heat and simmer until tender (approximately 45 minutes at 230°F in electric skillet).