Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 1 cut up chicken
- 1 cup shortening
- 1¾ cups flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup water
- Dip chicken in flour, then into beaten egg and milk mixture.
- Then dip into flour-cornmeal mixture.
- Brown chicken in shortening (approximately 12 minutes at 360°F in electric skillet).
- Then sprinkle with mixture of salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.
- Add water and onions, cover, open vent.
- Reduce heat and simmer until tender (approximately 45 minutes at 230°F in electric skillet).