- 6 c. flour
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 c. Crisco shortening
- 2 c. sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 egg yolks
- Mix dry ingredients together; set aside.
- cream Crisco, sour cream and vanilla.
- Add egg yolks and beat well.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Place half of dough in bottom of jelly roll pan. Top with nut filling.
- Roll out remaining dough on floured surface. Cut in long strips, about 1/2" wide.
- Place strips on top of nuts, starting at one upper corner, and going down to the opposite lower corner.
- Continue, leaving space between strips.
- Then reverse direction, so that you create a lattice-top.
- Fill the open areas with a small amount of plum jam. Bake at 375F, 20–30 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Cool thoroughly, cut into squares.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.