Makes 6 servings.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup diced cooked Chicken
- 1 cup snow Peas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3 cups cooked rice, chilled
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
Place a wok or wide frying pan over high heat until hot. Add oil swirling to coat sides. Add gingerroot and garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add Chicken, Peas, carrots and onions; stir 1 minute. Add rice; stir to separate grains with back of spoon. Mix well. Stir in soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper; cook until thoroughly heated.