Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Created by Martha Stewart
- 2½ tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar (for dusting)
- Combine gelatin and ½ cup cold water in the bowl of an electric mixer with whisk attachment.
- Let it stand 30 minutes.
- Combine granulated sugar, corn syrup, salt and ½ cup of water in a small heavy saucepan; place over low heat and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Wash down sides of pan with a wet pastry brush to dissolve sugar crystals.
- Clip on a candy thermometer; raise heat to high.
- Cook syrup without stirring until it reaches 244°F (firm-ball stage).
- Immediately remove pan from heat.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly and carefully pour syrup into the softened gelatin.
- Increase speed to high; beat until mixture is very thick and white and has almost tripled in volume, about 15 minutes.
- Add vanilla; beat to incorporate.
- Generously dust an 8 x 12-inch glass baking pan with confectioners' sugar.
- Pour marshmallow mixture into pan.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar; let stand overnight, uncovered, to dry out.