Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- 2 tbsp Knox gelatin
- ½ cup cold water
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup hot water
- 1 cup white Karo syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- cornstarch for hands
- milk chocolate
- Mix gelatin and cold water.
- Set aside until water is absorbed.
- Combine sugar, hot water, ½ cup of the Karo syrup and cook to the soft ball stage (240°F).
- Cool a few minutes.
- Beat with mixer at full speed.
- Add the remaining Karo syrup and all of the gelatin mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Beat 7 to 8 minutes after the last addition of the gelatin.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into a well greased 7 x 9 inches pan and chill thoroughly.
- Dust hands with cornstarch.
- Spoon marshmallow out of pan and form eggs.
- Brush excess cornstarch off and let dry for ½ hour on waxed paper.
- Pour melted milk chocolate over eggs and let set.
- Refrigerate for easier handling.