Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 lbs stewing beef or beef chuck
- 8 large potatoes
- 16 ounces fresh baby carrots
- 1 large yellow onion
- 4 – 6 cloves garlic
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces white flour
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper (fresh ground)
- 2 bottles good dark beer
- 8 ounces ketchup
- 6 cups water
- Add salt and pepper to flour.
- Cube meat into 1 or 2 inch pieces.
- Coat beef with flour and spices.
- Combine and heat oils.
- Brown beef over high flame 5 minutes.
- Add beer, tomato paste, ketchup, and water.
- Bring to boil and reduce to medium heat.
- Simmer covered 60 minutes.
- Stir every 20 minutes.
- Saute garlic and onion together.
- Add bay leaves, garlic, onion, carrots,potatoes additional salt and pepper added to taste.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Enjoy immediately or allow to rest over night for richest taste.