Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Green plantain chips
- Makes 2 to 2½ cups of chips
- 2 large green plantains, peeled and cut into paper-thin slices
- peanut or vegetable oil for deep frying
- salt to taste
- Place the plantain slices in a bowl, cover them with cold water, and soak 30 minutes (if you are frying right away, you do not need to soak in water).
- Drain the slices and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a frying pan or deep fryer over medium-high heat, heat 2 to 3 inches of oil to 375°F, or until a slice of plantain sizzles when it touches the oil, and fry the plantain chips a handful at a time, turning them with a slotted spoon until they are golden brown and crisp.
- Do not fry too many chips at once, or the oil temperature will fall and the chips will be soggy rather than crisp.
- Drain on a paper-towel-lined platter, transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with salt, and serve hot.