Marinated Edam cheese
- scant 11 oz (300g) edam cheese
- 1 red paprika, cut in strips
- 1¼ cups (3 dl) olive oil
- ⅞ cup (2 dl) white vinegar
- 1 tbsp red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp green peppercorns
- 2 garlic cloves
- Dice cheese the size of sugar cubes.
- Prick with a fork to allow the marinade to be absorbed.
- Mix all ingredients for marinade in a heavy-bottomed casserole and bring to a boil.
- Layer cheese and paprika in a jar and pour marinade over all.
- Cover and chill.
- Keeps 2–3 weeks in refrigerator.
- Let it come to room temperature before serving, which allows cheese to come to full-flavor.