Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Marinated Edam cheese
- scant 11 oz (300g) edam cheese
- 1 red paprika, cut in strips
- 1¼ cups (3 dl) olive oil
- ⅞ cup (2 dl) white vinegar
- 1 tbsp red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp green peppercorns
- 2 garlic cloves
- Dice cheese the size of sugar cubes.
- Prick with a fork to allow the marinade to be absorbed.
- Mix all ingredients for marinade in a heavy-bottomed casserole and bring to a boil.
- Layer cheese and paprika in a jar and pour marinade over all.
- Cover and chill.
- Keeps 2–3 weeks in refrigerator.
- Let it come to room temperature before serving, which allows cheese to come to full-flavor.