- 1 medium sized zucchini
- 1 small yellow summer squash
- 1 cup button mushrooms, halved
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
1.Cut zucchini and squash lengthwise into thin strips then crosswise to make 2 to 3 inch strips. Place zucchini, squash, mushrooms, and bell pepper in a medium-sized bowl.
2.In small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, sugar, oregano, salt, black pepper and garlic then pour over vegetables.
3.Lightly toss vegetables with the marinade then cover bowl with plastic wrap or a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight then serve as a side dish or appetizer.
- Marinated Vegetables from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource