Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- If using silken tofu, drain for 2 to 3 hours by weighting it down with plate.
- Cut each piece tofu in half vertically to form 4 smaller blocks.
- Using a melon baller or soup spoon, scoop out middle of each block, about 1½ inches deep x 1½ inches wide.
- Mince scooped-out tofu and set aside.
- Heat oils in skillet over medium heat and sauté garlic and ginger until soft.
- Add chopped shiitakes, scallions, sherry and reserved chopped tofu.
- Cook until dry and dark brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add sherry, tamari, fresh coriander, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
- Cook another 2 to 3 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- Put mushroom mixture into pastry bag and pipe it into hollow of each tofu block.
- Alternatively, use spoon to scoop mixture into hollows.
- Steam stuffed tofu on rack in vegetable steamer for 5 minutes until hot, or microwave to heat through.
- Serve with tamari or regular soy sauce or miso vinaigrette.