Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen shrimp with tails intact (peel and devein if necessary)
- 1/4 cup chile pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Crushed ice (optional)
- Lemon or lime wedges (optional)
1. Thaw shrimp if frozen. Bring 4 cups of water to boiling in a large saucepan. Cook shrimp for 2–3 minutes or until opaque. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
2.In a large plastic bag or storage container with a lid, add the chile pepper, lime peel, lime juice, oil, chives, cilantro, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well then add shrimp. Toss until well-coated. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 2–3 hours.
3.Remove shrimp and discard remaining marinade. Add crushed ice in a medium size bowl or platter and arrange shrimp on top and add a few wedges of lemon or lime wedges for garnish.