Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen shrimp with tails intact (peel and devein if necessary)
- 1/4 cup chile pepper, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Crushed ice (optional)
- Lemon or lime wedges (optional)
1. Thaw shrimp if frozen. Bring 4 cups of water to boiling in a large saucepan. Cook shrimp for 2–3 minutes or until opaque. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
2.In a large plastic bag or storage container with a lid, add the chile pepper, lime peel, lime juice, oil, chives, cilantro, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well then add shrimp. Toss until well-coated. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 2–3 hours.
3.Remove shrimp and discard remaining marinade. Add crushed ice in a medium size bowl or platter and arrange shrimp on top and add a few wedges of lemon or lime wedges for garnish.