Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Afelia (Pork chunks in red wine and coriander seeds sauce)
- 700 gm pork fillet
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 150 ml dry red wine
- 2 tbsp oil
- 55 ml water
- 1 salt and freshly milled black pepper
- The night before trim any fat from the pork fillet and cut it into bite sized cubes then put the cubes into a bowl.
- Using a pestle and mortar (or a bowl and the end of a rolling pin) lightly crush the coriander seeds then sprinkle them all over the pork cubes and mix well.
- Now pour over the wine and stir everything again.
- Cover the bowl with a cloth and leave to marinate in the bottom of the fridge overnight.
- Next day strain the pork in a large sieve over a bowl and reserve the marinade.
- Then heat the oil in a medium sized frying pan; when it is really hot fry the pork pieces in 2 batches to brown them removing the first batch to a plate then returning them to the second batch.
- Add the reserved marinade bring to the boil season and cover the pan with a lid and turn the heat down to a gentle simmer.
- After 10 minutes add the water and then recover the pan and cook gently for a further 30 minutes.
- Serve the afelia on a bed of rice.