Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Marinated Pork Stew
- 2 1/2 Pounds Pork Shoulder, Cut Into Cubes
- 1 Cup Mild vinegar, Such as rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, Peeled And Crushed
- 1/2 Teaspoon cumin Seeds, Crushed
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground pepper
salt to Taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 Sprigs thyme
- 1 Cup water
- 3 Guajillo Chiles, Seeded And Soaked Until Soft
- 3 Ancho or Pasilla Chiles, Seeded And Soaked Until Soft
- 3 Tablespoons lard or corn oil
Marinate The Pork For 2 Hours in a Mixture of The vinegar, garlic, Herbs AndSpices. Drain Marinade And Combine it With The water And Chiles, GroundTogether in a Molcajete, Mortar, Food Processor or Blender.In a Heavy Casserole or Dutch Oven, Brown The Pork in The lard or oil, AddThe Reserved Marinade-chile Blend, Cover And Bake in a Pre-Heated 300? OvenFor 1 1/2 Hours. Check From Time to Time to Make Sure The water LevelRemains Constant, Adding More if Necessary. Serve The Meat in Its JuicesRight From The Casserole, Accompanied by Marinated onions And refried beans..