Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Mackerel - 4 small approximately 225g (8 oz) each cleaned,
- bay leaves - 4,
- demerara sugar - 2 tbsp,
- black peppercorns - 6,
- cider vinegar - 150 ml,
- Cold black tea - 150 ml,
- Brown bread - 4 slices buttered and cut into triangles.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4.
3. Mix the vinegar and the tea together. Pour over the mackerel. Cover the dish and bake for 45 minutes until cooked.
4. Chill well before serving the fish with a little of the marinade and bread.