Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 6 – 10 marinated herring fillets
- 1 – 2 onions, sliced into rings
- 1 tablespoon juniper berries, crushed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons good vinegar
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- double Icelandic Brennivín-schnapps
- small bunch of parsley for garnish
- Heat together the water, vinegar and sugar.
- When the water comes to the boil add the crushed juniper berries.
- Chill well.
- Cut the herring fillets into approximately 2 cm pieces.
- Place the pieces in a deep plate and pour the chilled juniper-liquid over.
- Give the herring a good dash of schnapps.
- Place the onion rings on top and garnish with parsley twigs.