Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A staple appetizer found in both German and Jewish delicatessens
- 24 herring fillets
- 4 cups sour cream
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 medium onions, sliced
- 3 sour apples, peeled and cut in thin strips
- 1 ounce peppercorns
- 1 ounce bay leaves
- ½ lemon, sliced thin
- Wash fillets; drain; arrange in bowl.
- Mix all other ingredients; pour over herring.
- Cover and place in refrigerator.
- Let chill and marinate 24 hours.