Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This salad makes a perfect tangy side dish for baked fish, a creamy casserole or a savory tart.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 stalk broccoli, peeled and cut into spears
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 2½ x ¼ inch sticks
- Whisk together all the marinade ingredients and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, blanch the broccoli spears in boiling water for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots and continue to simmer for 5 minutes or less, until both veggies are just tender and still brightly colored.
- Drain them and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Pour the marinade on the vegetables and toss well.
- Refrigerate or set aside at room temperature for about 20 minutes to allow the flavors to permeate.