Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Cut broccoflower into large, bite-size florets, and place in large nonreactive pot.
- Cut peppers into long strips about ¼-inch wide, and add to pot.
- Add garlic, wine, vinegar, oil and just enough water to not quite cover vegetables.
- Stir in salt, peppercorns, thyme and basil.
- Bring liquid to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, partially cover and simmer vegetables until broccoflower is softened but still slightly crunchy, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and cool briefly.
- Spoon some vegetables into clean, wide-mouth quart jars, adding slices of onion and 1 bay leaf in each jar.
- Fill to within ¾-inch of rim, then ladle enough hot marinade into each to cover vegetables.
- Screw on or clamp down lids and cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- These will keep 1 week in refrigerator.