Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1½ lbs asparagus, fresh or 10 oz (1 pkg) frozen asparagus
- 1 tsp orange peel, finely shredded
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Place steamer basket in ½" water in saucepan or skillet (water should not touch bottom of basket.
- Place asparagus spears in basket.
- Cover tightly and heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Steam until crisp-tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Immediately rinse under running cold water; drain.
- Shake remaining ingredients in tightly covered container; pour over asparagus.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, turning asparagus occasionally; drain.
- Garnish with orange slices if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
4 servings (about 5 spears) food exchanges per serving: 1 vegetable exchange + 1 fat exchange + (if you granish with oranges slices) 1 fruit exchange; calories: 60; Betty Crocker's New American cooking