In Romanian: Marinata pentru vinat
- 1.5 qts / 1,5 l water
- 1 qt / 1 l wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground juniper berries
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 5 – 6 bay leaves
- peel from ½ lemon
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 – 6 cloves
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves
- Boil the water with the wine vinegar, juniper berries, pepper, bay leaves, cloves, garlic, peel from ½ lemon (in pieces) and a tablespoon of salt in a non-reactive pot.
- Boil everything for 5 minutes.
- Let cool and pour over the venison placed in a bowl.
- Keep it like this for 24 hours.
- The liquid must cover the venison.
- If not, you have to turn the venison every 5 – 6 hours.