This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Tinsley Estate in Venus, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ pounds cream cheese
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 ounces lime juice
- 1½ teaspoons rum extract
- 2½ cups salted pretzels crushed
- ½ cup sugar
- 2½ ounces butter, melted
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon and lime zest
- Combine pretzels, sugar and butter in pan then press to make crust and take it up the sides of a spring form pan.
- Mix cream cheese on low speed until softened then add remaining ingredients except eggs.
- Mix slightly then add eggs one a time blending until mixed.
- Put a water bath with very hot water on the shelf beneath the cheesecake and bake for one hour at 300°F.
- When cool loosen sides of cake from pan then remove sides of pan.
- Combine lemon and lime zest and fold into whipped cream.
- Place topping on top of cheesecake.
- Garnish with extra zest and sprinkle on top of cream.