Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes 6 servings.
- 3 slices bread
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1½ pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup canned peeled whole tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- ¼ cup flour
- ⅛ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Soak bread in milk 5 minutes.
- Mix with beef, onion, ¼ teaspoon salt and black pepper; form into 18 balls.
- Heat oil in large skillet; add meat balls and cook until browned.
- Add broth to skillet and stir to loosen brown particles.
- Blend tomatoes, mayonnaise, flour, pepper and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Stir into broth; add bay leaf.
- Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve over fluffy rice.