Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 Tbs. salt
- 2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. black peppercorns
- 6 pieces star anise
- 2 Tbs. black tea leaves, such as Earl Grey or Keemum
- 8 cups water
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
1. Place eggs in a saucepan of cold water, and bring to a boil over medium heat for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and soak eggs in cold water to cool. When cool enough to handle, gently tap eggs until each shell is covered with small cracks but is not broken.
2. Put eggs in a saucepan with salt, soy sauce, peppercorns, star anise, tea leaves and 8 cups water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat to very low and cook covered for 1 hour. Remove eggs from heat, and let eggs soak in liquid for 2 hours without removing cover.