Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- ⅔ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup skim milk
- 1 envelope unflavoured gelatin
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 2 eggs, separated, room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz low-fat cottage cheese
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
Chocolate crumb crust Edit
- In small saucepan over medium high heat, bring ⅔ cup milk to a boil; set aside.
- In container of blender, sprinkle gelatin over remaining ¼ cup cold skim milk; let stand 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add boiling skim milk; cover and blend at low speed 2 minutes.
- Add 3 tbsp sugar, egg yolks and vanilla; blend at medium speed until well mixed.
- Add cottage cheese; blend at high speed until smooth.
- Remove ¾ cup mixture to use for marbling; chill until mixture begins to thicken.
- Combine 1 tbsp sugar and cocoa; add to blender container and blend until mixed.
- Pour chocolate mixture into large bowl.
- Chill, stirring occasionally, until mixture mounds when dropped from spoon.
- In small bowl with electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually add remaining 2 tbsp sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold beaten whites into chocolate mixture; pour chocolate mixture into prepared crust.
- Spoon large dollops of vanilla mixture over chocolate; with knife or spatula, gently swirl to create marbled effect.
- Cover; refrigerate until firm, about 4 to 5 hours.