Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 8 oz / 225 g sponge mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp / 30 ml cocoa powder
- juice and zest of one orange
- 6 oz / 175 g bitter chocolate
- 2 oz / 50 g butter
- 3 – 4 tbsp thick cream
- Divide sponge mix between 2 bowls to one add 1 egg, cocoa and 2 – 3tbsp water.
- Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add second egg to other bowl with the orange zest and 2 – 3 tbsp juice.
- Beat to same consistency.
- Spoon the mixtures into the microwave dish alternately, swirling the colors.
- Flatten the top and bake on high for 4-5 minutes, turning several times for ovens without turn tables.
- Leave to stand 5 – 7 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together on medium for 3 – 4 minutes, until just melted.
- Cool slightly and stir in the cream.
- Turn cake out and place on a rack over a tray.
- Coat cake generously with warm sauce, leave 3 – 4 hours to set and serve sliced.
- Keep any remaining cake well wrapped.