Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sweet ragoût of quince and lamb
- 1¼ pounds boneless leg of lamb, trimmed of all fat and cubed
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried and ground rose petals or ¼ teaspoon rose water
- salt to taste
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ pounds quince , peeled, cut into eights, and cored
- 3 to 4 cups water
- 2/3 cups sugar
- In a medium-size bowl, toss the lamb together with the cinnamon, rose petals or rose water, and salt.
- In a medium-size casserole, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and brown the lamb, about 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add the quince, cover with the water, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 1 hour, uncovered.
- Add the sugar and stir.
- Cover and cook until the lamb is very tender and the quince soft, about another hour.
- Remove to a serving platter with a slotted spoon and serve.