Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves: 8
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 sweet apple, peeled and diced
- ½ cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbs golden rum
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- pinch nutmeg
- In saucepan, mix milk, rice, ⅔ cup sugar and salt.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 min.
- Add apple cook covered until tender.
- In saucepan, heat remaining sugar and 2 tbs water.
- Boil until light amber in color.
- Line baking sheet with foil, spread pecans on foil.
- Pour sugar mixture over pecans.
- Let cool, break into small pieces.
- In bowl, whisk syrup and eggs.
- Stir rum, allspice and nutmeg into rice mixture.
- Whisk small amount of rice mixture into syrup mixture.
- Stir syrup mixture back into rice mixture, cook until thickened.
- Divide among 8 cups.
- Top with sugared pecans.