Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves: 8
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 sweet apple, peeled and diced
- ½ cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbs golden rum
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- pinch nutmeg
- In saucepan, mix milk, rice, ⅔ cup sugar and salt.
- Bring to a simmer, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 min.
- Add apple cook covered until tender.
- In saucepan, heat remaining sugar and 2 tbs water.
- Boil until light amber in color.
- Line baking sheet with foil, spread pecans on foil.
- Pour sugar mixture over pecans.
- Let cool, break into small pieces.
- In bowl, whisk syrup and eggs.
- Stir rum, allspice and nutmeg into rice mixture.
- Whisk small amount of rice mixture into syrup mixture.
- Stir syrup mixture back into rice mixture, cook until thickened.
- Divide among 8 cups.
- Top with sugared pecans.