This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 small acorn squash
- 6 teaspoons melted butter
- 9 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice squash in half and remove seeds.
- Brush the cut sides of the squash with the melted butter then place cut side up in a large shallow baking dish.
- Place ½ tablespoon butter in each squash.
- Heavily brush squash with the maple syrup and distribute remaining syrup evenly among the squash.
- Pour ½ inch of water into the pan and bake for 45 minutes.