Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 small acorn squash
- 6 teaspoons melted butter
- 9 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice squash in half and remove seeds.
- Brush the cut sides of the squash with the melted butter then place cut side up in a large shallow baking dish.
- Place ½ tablespoon butter in each squash.
- Heavily brush squash with the maple syrup and distribute remaining syrup evenly among the squash.
- Pour ½ inch of water into the pan and bake for 45 minutes.