Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tangy, spicy, sweet and it won't wreck your meal plan. Try this on roast pork or chicken. The sauce may be stored a few days in the refrigerator and warmed prior to serving. The recipe doubles nicely if you need more.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- 4 Servings
- 1 large tart apple - Granny Smith or gala
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon - ground
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice - about ½ a small lemon
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup
- Core and thinly slice the apple (about ¼ inch slices).
- Squeeze the lemon juice and peel off a small amount of rind.
- Carefully slice away the white pith leaving mainly the colored portion of the peel. Very finely dice this skin ur use a zester to cut off fine strips of peel.
- Place the EVOO in a warm pan then add the apples and saute them gently for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon over the apples then add the lemon zest.
- After another minute or so they should start to lightly brown.
- Add the lemon juice (this will stop the browning) and remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the maple syrup, mix and allow to cool slightly.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ¼ cup serving:
- Cals: 34 | FatCals: 11 | Total Fat: 1g | SatFat: 0g | PolyFat: 0g | MonoFat: 1g | Chol: 0mg | Ma: 13mg | K: 44mg | TotCarbs: 6g | Fiber: 1g | Sugars: 3g | NetCarbs: 5g | Prot: 0g