Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sweet potatoes made with brown sugar and maple syrup. A family favorite that everyone enjoys. If you're not cooking for a vegetarian crowd, you can top these with marshmallows as well.
- Submitted to AllRecipes.com by Wendy
- 211 calories
- 2½ sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut (optional)
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with water to cover them. Bring the water to a boil, reduce heat, cover and let simmer 25 to 30 minutes until tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C). Use non-aerosol non stick spray to grease a 8x8 inch baking pan.
- When the sweet potatoes are cool, peel and cut them into large chunks. Arrange them in the prepared dish.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, syrup, sugar and coconut together over a low heat. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Sprinkle mixture over sweet potatoes. Top mixture with pecans.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes, until top is lightly browned.