Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Gonzales Estate in Crandall, Texas in 1980.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 18 pieces
- black grapes (enough for 1 gallon juice)
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- Crush grapes until you have a gallon of juice then strain and cook boiling until ½ of liquid is left then slow add flour stirring constantly over low flame.
- Add nutmeg and sugar and stir well then add lemon juice and pour into rectangular pan.
- Let cool in pan for 2 days then since inch squares and serve with drinks.